- By: News
- 0 comment
South Africans must brace themselves for higher fuel prices across the board from Wednesday.
The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy on Tuesday published fuel price adjustments for March.
- Both grades of petrol will increase by 65.00 cents per litre (c/l);
- Diesel (0.05% sulphur) will increase by 54.00 c/l;
- Diesel (0.005% sulphur) will increase by 56.00 c/l;
- Illuminating paraffin (wholesale) will increase by 47.00 c/l;
- Single maximum national retail price for illuminating paraffin will increase by 63.00 c/l; and
- Maximum LP gas retail price will increase by 87.00 c/kg.
According to the department, the fuel hikes were driven by higher Brent Crude oil prices, and an increase in the price of finished petroleum products. The stronger rand also led to lower contributions to the basic fuel prices of petrol, diesel and illuminating paraffin by around 14.00 c/l.